Monday, June 18, 2012

Mystery




Mid June, midday 
Immersed, ten feet of pond water above my head, 
Facing earth, weighted from the hips
details fade five feet into a familiar green haze

A dive into the earth's bowels
my hands move fluid and strong through the miry clay 
there are dimpled spherical delicacies 
this is Golf's shadow side

Explorations of the underworld
in my aqualung suit
the swamp pervades everything, and pulls in deep 
It is a dark daytime hug - a mystical, intimate experience

from this containment
awareness extends to the outskirts of our solar system
I'm remote, and I'm looking down through the atmosphere
into the pond, right through my back 
into my lungs

with each movement
I stir up silt clouds 
and legions of lesser-evolved, tiny legged-fish
bounce off my exposed lips

the voice of God comes out of the cloud
it's like black silk

"feel my skin, my shells, 
blood earth wind stone
the stench, the sweetness
you will find me here"





















No comments:

Post a Comment